I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

26 Apr 2015

On youth politics

I keep saying to myself that I am out of politics.

Today I got interviewed for radio programme in Finnish (broadcast in Russian Karelia) as a member of the Youth Parliament of the Republic of Karelia, where I have been for one year and a half already. I was asnwering some basic questions (How I got there? What I am doing there?) and I understand that what I do comprises politics. Maybe, not the politics in its common sense , as it meant by many people who see politics as the sphere encompassing those rich deputies and crazy deputy candidates who dare to fight for the privilege of power. But the youth politics give much more possibilities. Someone may be worried that it does not give visible results. Anyway, it is all about risks. We cannot claim that unsuccessful piece of legislation is a more substantive result than lively discussion which is not documented effectively from the legal sense of view but still can have so much influence on the future!

Sunny photo of me with Barents Regional Youth Council going as a special addition for this inspiring post:)

No comments:

Post a Comment