I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

21 Apr 2015

Last week of studying

Plan of the preparation for final exam in English:
1. Learn to speak as someone from BBC (mission is unaccomplishable, so go to point 2)
2. Treat your audience as idiots - not because they are, but because without it you will be too lazy to explain what you mean when defending your thesis (well, no one is obliged by law to know what I mean by corpus delicti, mens rea or illegal timber)
3. Look back at point 2 and believe that the audience are not complete idiots - otherwise you will look as complete idiot yourself.
4. Speak as a successful lawyer even though you are not sure whether your bachelor degree diploma is on its way.
5. Prove people that doing minor subject in addition to major subject is absolutely normal (in Russia it is still not a common practice).

Even though sometimes people do not understand what I am trying to communicate to them, studying phonetics is a great fun and definitely has been useful and inspirational for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment