I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

28 Apr 2015

April 28th, or bachelor degree is close to its finish

Today was the last day of studies at the Faculty of Law of Petrozavodsk State University.

It was marked by my qualification examination in the English language in the sphere of professional communication (law). Getting minor in Russia is pretty different from getting it in Finland or somewhere else. I do not blame Russian educational system, just it how the things are, and students and professors both may suffer from it. But me and my friend made it - we went through stressful phonetic lessons (even though today I still pronounced working in the way that it did not sound different from walking), compiling written translation portfolios to final examination. The first part of it was made in the form of written home examination (translation from English to Russian), then we had oral translation and, finally, presentation of results of scientific research in English. Mine was dedicated to issues of forest crimes - this topic captivated me back in the third year of studies when I was working on KARELIA ENPI CBC project.

May the situation be that the English language is just in tool in getting better knowledge of the world but I still see this minor degree as a success of coming over bureacratic difficulties, ignoring people saying that I am crazy to go to study in the "provincial university" and whatever. Now I make less phonetic mistakes, I have certain grasp of rules of intonation and it is already a big progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment