I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

5 Dec 2015

#LearnSwedish reading news easily

I went to German language cafe yesterday (last one of this semester, time is running fast!) and made observations that in my mind German words start to mix with Swedish. It is time to rehearse Swedish, really!

It seems that I have found a good resource for that: http://arenan.yle.fi/barn

Actually, you still can look for resources aimed not only at children and even read political news from the first months of studying this language (my progress with Finnish was not that fast).

All in all, my experience of studying Swedish is not extremely encouraging, but it really suits any business schedule. So, it basically comprises of reading news and stories during metro trips to the university and back.

The list is short:

8Sidor The articles there were easily understandable for me from the first month of me studying Swedish (or maybe my brain just was working extremely good during sunny August days?)

svenska.yle.fi I like the new design which allows to read the headings and first paragraph with the most essential and easily comprehensible information. Also, a good way to keep up with what is happening in Helsinki.

Klartext More difficult than Klartext, but still quite useful for me as a person who has been studying Swedish on her own and quite occasionally.

Sesam also seems to be a useful resource.

Please, note, my advice is based on me trying to get the best of studying the language alone due to the total overlap of law classes with classes offered by Language Centre. Anyway, I think lättlästa texter på svenska is a great way to boost the confidence in your language skills even at the beginner`s level:)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience, it will be useful for me, because I am also studying Swedish now. I study online, thanks to the teachers I make progress, although at first I thought that I would not succeed. If someone is interested in studying now, I share a link to the online school where I study. Trial lesson is free https://swpapa.by/

    ReplyDelete