I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

7 Nov 2015

Porthania valtaus




Speaking out worries and wishes is a custom there. In my home city, the action starts from collecting signatures whereas there it seems to start from actual communication. One may say that still public discussion doesn`t have that much weight and may be trapped in the financial difficulties or obstacles of the political will, but communication is the key point there. In conversation new ideas are born, networking is created, and I just regret a bit that I was running to the EU law lecture at the moment when I was given this leaflet. Well, my justification would be that to use mechanisms (including legal mechanisms) you need to try to get the academic grasp of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment