I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

30 May 2015

Summer mood

Joensuu is somewhere in the middle of nowhere (quoted from the toasts "For Joensuu!" at the local bar), but still with its unique taste for multicultural life. This week is marked by days of international cuisine at the market place, featuring olives degustation and hemp spaghetti. 





May, 28th, was the first real summer day. In Karelia we have "Oh, there was summer, I missed that only day", but hopefully there will be more warm days. And with warmth and sunshine comes confidence and calmness, shared among all those positive people spending their free time in the local parks, laughing, sharing their joy and energy.

Oh, I will miss this place!





No comments:

Post a Comment