I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

16 Dec 2015

Recalling studying Russian law and great times at Petrozavodsk State University

It seems that there has been a suspicious absence of law-related posts in my blog recently. There is no other choice but to correct it! I will start from publishing the article on law educaton in Russia, which was published in latest issue of Inter Vivos magazine for law students of the University of Helsinki.

What I was keeping in mind when writing it is that there is actually no many grounds to criticize Russian legal education system for. One can name the lack of focus on studying foreign language and it is sadly true, especially after bringing into force new standards, which prevent studying to take minor degree without additional payments. In all other aspects, I am happy that I have spent my bachelor degree in a small but so home-like Petrozavodsk State University, despite being told right from the submitting the application documents to the secretary that staying in a "provincial" university would turn out to be a huge mistake. 

As I mention in the article, there are so many common hobbies uniting law students despite the ranking position of their university. And definitely there is always the chance to go forward and develop yourself. The aim of bachelor degree is to give strong foundation and strengthen interest in future steps, no natter where they will be undertaken. It has happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment