I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

25 Nov 2015

Happy Birthday, Faculty!

This year my university is celebrating 375-year-anniversary, and whereas first half of the year I was reading news about upcoming celebrations not being sure whether I will get engaged in them as well, now I can proudly say that "Opiskelen oikiksessa" (I study at the Faculty of Law).

But what to do if you cannot study for exam anymore?
Go and learn about studying, namely, about the history of Faculty of Law, new challenges of legal education and practice and certainly, about stories of great lawyers told by great lawyers! When embarking on amazing journey of passing 3 exams in 3 weeks (not a real challenge, probably, but still... a challenge!), you sometimes lack time to look at the law in broader framework and certainly an international student doesn`t have enough free time to learn more about Finnish history.

Just one thing I could regret about - the event was in Finnish, leaving so many international students out of the board.


Tarja Halonen giving speech.



No comments:

Post a Comment