I moved to Helsinki from Petrozavodsk, Karelia, to study law there and, of course, to experience life in a new setting! There I will share my thoughts and photos of daily life in Helsinki and Finland as a whole.

You can subscribe to my blog - check the menu in the right!

Also follow me in Instagram

7 Jul 2015

Finnish Horror Stories, or Patsaspuisto (Parikkala)

On the way to get settled in Helsinki, we made a stop in Parikkala - a small village, pretty close to the Russian border, famous for its sculpture park which leaves pretty weird feeling of amazement and fear (I still do not know whether I was lucky to visit it in the daylight or not - taking a short walk there at night would be a memorable experience!).

From the website:

Veijo Rönkkönen, who worked at the paper mill, started sculpting concrete statues in the early 1960s. For fifty years, until his death, he dedicated all his spare time to making his original art. There are some 500 different and skilfully executed statues, mostly human figures, as well as an amazing garden on the site.

URL: http://www.patsaspuisto.net/english.htm





Are you ready for scary yoga?



The teeth look so realistic!



 The anatomy of sculptures

 P.S. Owls which are traditionally considered to be mysterious birds, are very normal and pretty in this park!




No comments:

Post a Comment